Maintenance Tips for Long Lasting Kitchen Cabinets
After we have installed kitchens in our client’s homes the results are simply stunning and our clients are left shocked. I mean when you get your kitchen cabinets installed from the best, what else can you expect! But, now you have seen your dream become a reality. Wow! Your kitchen is beautifully transformed beyond expectations. So, can you keep those stunning cabinets looking showroom new? Now, this is a common question we get and in order to answer it, we decided to give you some maintenance tips.
Frequent Care Can Keep Your Cabinetry Beautiful for Years to Come
Product quality and longevity both play an important role in helping you to get the most value for your money in a kitchen to remodel. And, maintaining the genuine beauty of your new kitchen cabinets is a lot easier when you begin to do this from the beginning. Maintenance and frequent care of your cabinets will also help maintain any improvement value that your remodel has added to your beautiful home
Over time, it is inevitable that the regular use of your kitchen will create a dull, sticky film that can decay even the best-made cabinetry. This is simply because the typical kitchen can be seen as a chemistry lab of sorts; the preparation and cooking of food combine with heat and dust. So, our team of experienced and professional experts at Aura Kitchens and Cabinets have gathered a few tips in regards to the care and maintenance of kitchen cabinets to keep your remodeled kitchen looking new!
Laminate Cabinet Door Care
If you choose cabinet doors that are laminate it’s for a specific reason and that too is a good one! Laminate cabinet doors are sleek, beautiful, and offer low maintenance care. Just dust them frequently, at least every two weeks, and follow up with a soft moisturized cloth sprayed with a laminate-approved cleaning solution. Additionally, you can so use a soft cloth that has been dipped into a mixture of gentle dish soap and water. Use this cloth on the cabinets and follow up with a quick, damp cloth rinse with plain water. And, end it off with a buff dry with a soft, dry cloth.
Tips for All Cabinet Doors
Treating your refaced laminate or wood cabinets well is crucial. Try to avoid any extreme heat, excess water, and cooking smoke in your kitchen whenever possible. Exposure to any of the following can lead to your cabinets becoming discolored or even damage natural land-refaced surfaces.
- Although laminate cabinet doors are durable they are still susceptible to incorrect usage. Try to avoid scratches, cracks, indents, or any other cosmetic damage to your cabinets with cabinet-friendly only practices. Avoid kicking, slamming, or leaning against cabinet doors.
- This can often be something that is overlooked but, uses a hood fan every time you use your stove for cooking. A powerful fan is one of the best tactics to pull out any smoke, gases, and cooking substances that may be released into the air.
- Although you can use the equipment for cleaning cabinets, never use any sharp or abrasive objects, as this can lead to scratches or deep nicks.
- Never use harsh chemicals, such as acetone, ammonia, bleach, abrasive powder, or gel cleaners.
- Additionally, if you ever use candles in the kitchen, ensure that they are away from your cabinetry.
Overall, bi-monthly care with the right cleaning products is the best bet to preserve and maintain your new cabinetry for years to come. Although, the quality provided at Aura Kitchens and Cabinets is less susceptible to cosmetical damage. Visit our showroom today to remodel your kitchen.