Transforming Existing Kitchen Cabinets to New Modernized Kitchen Cabinets
Bringing change to your kitchen’s appearance can be very exciting but also unsettling. When searching for the most appealing and cost-efficient approach offered, you will most likely end up adding to existing cabinetry rather than investing in a complete renovation. Each of these approaches can easily help you create your dream kitchen.
Not every kitchen renovation requires a whole new build from scratch. You may admire your existing kitchen’s aesthetic but need extra storage or an open layout. On the contrary, you might be pleased with the design you have now but want an additional sense of style and elegance. This is possible as you can add cabinets without starting from scratch. It does take more planning to build a beautiful kitchen but here are some factors to consider as you move further with this thrilling project:
What type of cabinets do you currently have?
Every kitchen model is different and if you are planning on adding to your existing cabinets it is important to select a look and layout that flows well with your current design. Certain remodeling looks may look odd to your existing kitchen setup, even if it looks beautiful. Therefore, it is necessary to have a professional designer or cabinet graphic designer. At Aura Kitchens, we have software specialized to your preferences of design and storage so that you have the best model just right for your living space.
- Built-in cabinets: If your existing cabinets were professionally constructed for your kitchen, you will need skilled expertise to ensure a job well done. A representative needs to visit your renovation space to determine what upgrades will suit your kitchen’s style.
- Factory-made cabinets: If your previous cabinets were manufactured in a factory then our cabinet maker experts can assist you to find the perfect design based on their door style, size, molding, and overlay.
- Custom-stain cabinets: In certain models, add-ons for cabinets necessitate custom finishes that have to be matching existing designs. If a custom approach is required, then a special finish can be designed.
Why add more Cabinets?
A lot of homeowners favor having more cabinets but they do not know the explanation behind this desire. People take the risk of investing in renovations that may damage a kitchen’s aesthetic. This is why it is important to determine why add-ons are needed and how they will improve the look of your kitchen.
Most add-ons cabinet projects are inspired by limited space. Irritated by the lack of storage compartments and cramped up space during meal preparations, landholders assume their problem will be fixed by having more cabinets. When this comes into play, we are talking vast counters, large pantries, and additional cabinets to provide an area for every piece of kitchen equipment.
Though cabinet add-ons can actually provide extra space, they are not always the most effective solution. Nevertheless, there are several options available, consisting of:
- Kitchen Carts
- Organized Pantries
- Open Shelving
- Buffet space
Considering a complete remodeled design:
As there are several options that let you upgrade your kitchen, a whole remodel may be the best solution. It may seem inconvenient but it will give you many benefits. Especially if your kitchen consists of the following:
- Damaged Cabinets: If you have cabinets after years that have been worn and torn, your kitchen is definitely ready for a makeover. A full remodel will be a smarter and more cost-effective option rather than doing repairs. Do not sink money into restoration when you can start fresh with a design you admire.
- Low-Quality Cabinets: If you already have busted cabinets, the last thing you need is to add on to your cabinets. This is your time to get rid of these problematic cabinets and invest in high-quality cabinets that will last you longer.
- Restored Kitchen Layout: If your kitchen is not able to be used practically, maybe it is time to implement an open-layout concept which will provide a design that will lessen the amount of cabinet modifications. Building on with existing cabinets can be frustrating when changing your kitchen’s whole layout, which is why a complete revamp is more worth your time.
Still not sure if your current kitchen cabinets need a remodel?
Come over to Aura Kitchens for a consultation! We have the expertise to help assess your kitchen’s current design and help you decide the most appealing and cost-effectual approach. Come over to our showroom and go over design models today! Contact us to learn more about your options for modernizing your kitchen cabinets!